- Krypton (36 Kr) has the electronic configuration [Ar] 4s23d10Ap6. The 37th electron will go into which sub orbital.
- Electronic configuration 1s22s22p63s13p1 is correctly described by
- The ground state of Na
- The ground state of Mg
- The excited state of Mg
- The excited state of Al +3
- What is the total number of electrons present in the first twenty elements of the periodic table?
- Electronic configuration of Cr+
- 1s2, 2s2, 2p6, 3s2, 3p6, 4s1, 3d5
- 1s2, 2s2p6, 3s2p6d5, 4s0
- What is the electronic configuration of element, which is just above the element with atomic number 43 in the same periodic group?
Answer: 1s2, 2ps2, 2p6, 3s2, 3p6, 3d5, 4s2
- What are the number of periods and groups in the long form of periodic table?
Answers 7 and 18
- The elements of B group collectively called as?
Answers: Transition element
- In the both segment of periodic table what will be the atomic No of element X.
- Which of the element following element is synthetic element?
(a) K (b) Ra (c) Tc (d) All
- Match the following : –
(a) Coinage metal (a) Xe
(b) Alkaline earth (b) Au
(c) Alkaline (c) K
(d) Noble gas (d) Ba
Answers: (i) b (ii) d (iii) c (iv) a
- The element of same group of periodic table have same
(a) Number of protons
(b) Valance shell
(c) Valance electron
(d) Electron affinity
- The element, which is characterized by the outer shell configuration ns1 to ns2 np5, is collectively called as Representative elements.
- Which of the following is a defect in the Mendeleef periodic table
- The position of alkali metal
- The position of transition metal
- The position of isotopes
- All of these
- Fluorine has
- Largest atomic size
- Smallest radius
- The position of isotopes
- All of these
- What will be the IUPAC name of the 6th element of oxygen group, if it is discovered?
- Pick the wrong in the given statements
- All the d – block elements are transition element
- All the actinides are synthetic elements
- All the p – block elements are representative elements
(a) Only a (b) a and b both (c) All a, b and c (d) none
- Which of the following is transuranic element
(a) Mo42 (b) Mol 101 (c) U92 (d) Rn 86
- Match the following
(a) First F- block element (a) Cl
(b) Radioactive Lanthanide (b) H
(c) First s – block metal (c) Ce
(d) Maximum elelctron affinity (d) Gd
- Write the common electronic configuration for all d – block elements
Answer: ns1-2 (n-1) d 1-10
- The outer electronic configuration of an element is 7s1 5f14 6d1 it belongs to?
Answer: f – block
- What will be electronic configuration of 113th element in the period table: –
Answer: 7s2, 6d1o, 5f14, 7p1
- An element having electronic configuration 1s2, 2s2, 2p6, 3s2, 3p6, 3d1, 4s2, is
- s – block element
- Transition element
- Transaranic element
- Representative element
- In the inert gas; –
- Outermost shell is vacant
- Only s sub shell is filled
- Penultimate shell is incomplete
- Ultimate shell is completely filled
- Which of the fifth typical element
Answer: P (phosphorus)
FILL IN THE BLANKS
- According to modern periodic law, the properties of element are periodic function of their ________________.
- s and p block elements together known as ___________________.
- Long form of periodic element together known as _______________.
- Group in which all element are in gaseous state are known as __________ group.
- ns2np1 to ns2 np6 is the chaecterstics electronic configuration of ____________ elements.
- Elements, which have three outer incomplete subshell, are known as _______________.
- _________________ elements are present in 3rd series.
- Common electronic configuration of transition element is ______________.
- All lanthanides and actinides belong to ___________ group in periodic table.
- ns2np5 is the configuration of _____________ .
- Highely electro positive elements belong to ___________ group.
- Highly electro negative element belongs to ___________ group.
- Elements above than atomic number 92 are known as ______________.
- Octal law is given by ____________.
- Lother Mayer was proposed graph giving relation between ___________ and _________.
- Medilives periodic table was based on atomic number of element (F).
- Each period of periodic table, starts from an alkaline element (T).
- s – block element have one or two electrons in outer most orbit (T).
- Energy realeased on removing one electron from an atom is known as ionization potential (F).
- d – block elements have fixed oxidation state (F)
- In Lanthanoide series electrons give priority to uf orbit instead of sol and 6P orbits (T).
- Brone have diagnol relation with megnisium (F).
- Redusing property increases on moving left to right in a period (F).
- “fr” have minimum electronagetively (T)
- All elements of actinides are human made (F)
- Osmium have maximum density (T)
- Brone have lower value of first IP than that Be (T)
- f have EN more than Cl but EA lower than Cl (T)
- Elements of zero group are paramegnative (F).
- Al2O3 is an amphoteric oxide (T).
Match the following
- (a) Normal element (i) Cu
(b) Noble gas (ii) Rn
(c) Transition element (iii) Ce
(d) Lanthenide element (iv) Pu
(e) Actinide element (v) Ir
Answers : a (v) b(ii) c(i) d(iii) e(iv)
- (a) d – orbital (i) noble gas
(b) 4f orbital (ii) fourteen electron
(c) 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 (iii) representative element
(d) 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d2 4s2 (iv) l = 2
(e) 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2 (v) transition element
- Elements Configuration
(a) The third alakali method 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p5
(b) The second transition element 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p63d104s2
(c) The fourth noble gas element 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d2 4s2
(d) The second helogen element 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s1
Answer: a (iv) b (iii) c(ii) d(i)
- (a) Inert gas (i) Arsenic
(b) s block element (ii) Krypton
(c) p block (iii) Titanium
(d) d block (iv) Uranium
(e) f block (v) Strontium
Answers : a (ii) b(v) c(i) d(iii) e(iv)
- (a) Boron (i) Highest electron affinity
(b) Chlorine (ii) Transition element
(c) Helium (iii) Strongest redusing agent
(d) Iron (iv) Only one electron is p – sub orbital
(e) Lithium (v) High ionization energy
Answers : a(iv) b(i) c(v) d(ii) e(iii)
QUESTIONS FOR EX AND EXAMPLE TOPIC WISE
- First element of each period has maximum atomic size. Why?
Answer : Due to least zeff.
- First element of each class have minimum atomic size. Why?
Asnswer : Due to less number of shells.
- Atomic radius are Al and Ca are approximately equal. Why?
Answer: Due to transition concentration.
- Which have small atomic radius in between Mg +2 and O-2 and Why?
Answer : Mg +2 due to more zeff.
- Write two factors affecting atomic radius?
Answers : (i) No of shells
(ii) Screening effect
(iii) Effective nuclear energy
- What is the shumaker and stievesion law?
Answers: Intranucleur distance decrease on increasing of two convalently bonded atoms
- If bond length of C- Cl BOND IN Cl4 is 1.76 and atomic radius of C is 0.77 , than find out atomic radius of Cl atom?
Answer: Bond length of C – Cl = distance between the nucleus of two atoms
= ra + rc
Given re = 0.77 and re + rd = 1.76 rCl = 1.76 – 0.77 = 0.99
- If atomic radius of Cl atom is 0.99 than find out the size of Cl2 molecules?
Answers : Internucluer distance of Cl2 = rCl + rCl
= 2 rCl
given rCl = 0.99
dCl – Cl = 2× 0.99 = 1.98
Size of molecules will be = 2× 1.98
- Find out the shelding effect and effective atomic radius of valance electron of sodium?
Answers: Electron Configuration N11 = 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s1
= n – 2 n – 1 n
As zeff = 2 –
11 – (8× 0.85 + 2× 1)
11 – 8.8 = 2.2
zeff = 2.2, = 8.8
- National and Ne are iso electric species, is their IP is same?
Answers : No IP of Na+ > Ne
- Value of 2nd IP is more than 1st IP of an element. Why?
Answer Due to more zeff
Theories of Periodic Table :-
1 If an element x have atomic weight 39 and y have atomic weight 132 than atomic of the third element having same intermidiate properties according to dobeners priplet.
Answers: Atomic weight of
- whichof e following is not a dobeners triplet
(a) Li, Na, K (b) Mg, Ca, Sr (c) d, Br, I (d) S, Se, Te
Anwer (b) ]
- Which of the following group follows Newland’s octal law
(a) Na, K , Rb (b) F, Cl, Br (c) Be, Mg, Ca (d) B, Al, Ca
- Which of the following not follows the octal law
(a) Li, Na (b) C, Si (c) Mg, Ca (d) Cl, Br
Answer : d