Microbes in Human Welfare NCERT Based Test Paper by TEACHING CARE online tuition and coaching classes.
- The vitamin whose content increases following the conversion of milk
into curd by lactic acid bacteria is:
- vitamin C
- vitamin D
- vitamin B12
- vitamin E.
- Wastewater treatment generates a large quantity of sludge, which can
be treated by:
- activated sludge
- oxidation pond.
- Methanogenic bacteria are not found in:
- rumen of cattle
- gobar gas plant
- bottom of water-logged paddy fields
- activated sludge.
- Match the following list of bacteria and their commercially important
(i) Aspergillus niger (a) Lactic acid
(ii) Acetobacter aceti (b) Butyric acid
(iii) Clostridium butylicum (c) Acetic acid
(iv) Lactobacillus (d) Citric acid
Choose the correct match:
- i b, ii c, iii d, iv a
- i b, ii d, iii c, iv a
- i d, ii c, iii b, iv a
- i d, ii a, iii c, iv b
- Match the following list of bioactive substances and their roles:
Bioactive Substance Role
(i) Statin (a) Removal of oil stains
(ii) Cyclosporin A (b) Removal of clots from blood vessels
(iii) Streptokinase (c) Lowering of blood cholesterol
(iv) Lipase (d) Immuno-suppressive agent
Choose the correct match:
- i b, ii c, iii a, iv d
- i d, ii b, iii a, iv c
- i d, ii a, iii d, iv c
- i c, ii d, iii b, iv a
- The primary treatment of waste water involves the removal of:
- dissolved impurities
- stable particles
- toxic substances
- harmful bacteria.
- BOD of waste water is estimated by measuring the amount of:
- total organic matter
- biodegradable organic matter
- oxygen evolution
- oxygen consumption.
- Which one of the following alcoholic drinks is produced without distillation?
- The technology of biogas production from cow dung was developed in
India largely due to the efforts of:
- Gas Authority of India
- Oil and Natural Gas Commission
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute and Khadi & Village
- Indian Oil Corporation.
- The free-living fungus Trichoderma can be used for:
- killing insects
- biological control of plant diseases
- controlling butterfly caterpillars
- producing antibiotics
- What would happen if oxygen availability to activated sludge flocs is
- It will slow down the rate of degradation of organic matter
- The center of flocs will become anoxic, which would cause death
of bacteria and eventually breakage of flocs.
- Flocs would increase in size as anaerobic bacteria would grow
- Protozoa would grow in large numbers.
- Mycorrhiza does not help the host plant in:
- Enhancing its phosphorus uptake capacity
- Increasing its tolerance to drought
- Enhancing its resistance to root pathogens
- Increasing its resistance to insects.
- Which one of the following is not a nitrogen-fixing organism?
- Big holes in Swiss cheese are made by a:
- a machine
- a bacterium that produces methane gas
- a bacterium producing a large amount of carbon dioxide
- a fungus that releases a lot of gases during its metabolic activities.
- The residue left after methane production from cattle dung is:
- burried in land fills
- used as manure
- used in civil construction.
- Methanogens do not produce:
- hydrogen sulfide
- carbon dioxide.
- Activated sludge should have the ability to settle quickly so that it can:
- be rapidly pumped back from sedimentation tank to aeration tank
- absorb pathogenic bacteria present in waste water while sinking
to the bottom of the settling tank
- be discarded and anaerobically digested
- absorb colloidal organic matter.
- Match the items in Column ‘A’ and Column ‘B’ and choose correct answer.
Column A Column B
(i) Lady bird (a) Methano bacterium
(ii) Mycorrhiza (b) Trichoderma
(iii) Biological control (c) Aphids
(iv) Biogas (d) Glomus
The correct answer is:
- a) i b, ii d, iii c, iv a
- b) i c, ii d, iii b, iv a
- c) i d, ii a, iii b, iv c
- d) i c, ii b, iii a, iv d
- Which one is the most important role of micro organism for the well being
- sewage treatment
- production of methane
- biological control of plant disease
- conversion of milk to curd.
Ans 1-c 2-d 3-d 4-c 5-d 6-b
7-d 8-a 9-c 10-b 11-b 12-d
13-d 14-c 15-c 16-a 17-a 18-b