NEET Practice Paper: Chapter organisms and populations by Teaching Care online tuition and coaching classes
1. Autecology is the:
a. Relation of a population to its environment
b. Relation of an individual to its environment
c. Relation of a community to its environment
d. Relation of a biome to its environment
- Ecotone is:
a. A polluted area
b. The bottom of a lake
c. A zone of transition between two communities
d. A zone of developing community
- Biosphere is:
a. a component in the ecosystem
b. composed of the plants present in the soil
c. life in the outer space
d. composed of all living organisms present on earth which interact with the physical environment
- Ecological niche is:
a. the surface area of the ocean
b. an ecologically adapted zone
c. the physical position and functional role of a species within the community
d. formed of all plants and animals living at the bottom of a lake
- According to Allen’s Rule, the mammals from colder climates have:
a. shorter ears and longer limbs
b. longer ears and shorter limbs
c. longer ears and longer limbs
d. shorter ears and shorter limbs
- Salt concentration (Salinity) of the sea measured in parts per thousand is:
a. 10 – 15
b. 30 – 70
c. 0 – 5
d. 30 – 35
- Formation of tropical forests needs mean annual temperature and mean annual precipitation as:
a. 18 – 25°C and 150 – 400 cm
b. 5 – 15°C and 50 – 100 cm
c. 30 – 50°C and 100 – 150 cm
d. 5– 15°C and 100 – 200 cm
- Which of the following forest plants controls the light conditions at the ground?
a. Lianas and climbers
c. Tall trees
- What will happen to a well growing herbaceous plant in the forest if it is transplanted outside the forest in a park?
a. b. It will grow well because it is planted in the same locality
c. It may not survive because of change in its micro climate
d. It will grow normally
- It grows very well because the plant gets more sunlight If a population of 50 Paramoecium present in a pool increases to 150 after an hour, what would be the growth rate of population?
a. 50 per hour
b. 200 per hour
c. 5 per hour
d. 100 per hour
- What would be the per cent growth or birth rate per individual per hour for the same population mentioned in the previous question (Question 10)?
- A population has more young individuals compared to the older individuals. What would be the status of the population after some years?
a. It will decline
b. It will stabilise
c. It will increase
d. It will first decline and then stabilise
- What parameters are used for tiger census in our country’s national parks and sanctuaries?
a. Pug marks only
b. Pug marks and faecal pellets
c. Faecal pellets only
d. Actual head counts
- Which of the following would necessarily decrease the density of a population in a given habitat?
a. Natality > mortality
b. Immigration > emigration
c. Mortality and emigration
d. Natality and immigration
- A protozoan reproduces by binary fission. What will be the number of protozoans in its population after six generations?
- In 2005, for each of the 14 million people present in a country, 0.028 were born and 0.008 died during the year. Using exponential equation, the number of people present in 2015 is predicted as:
a. 25 millions
b. 17 millions
c. 20 millions
d. 18 millions
- Amensalism is an association between two species where:
a. one species is harmed and other is benefitted
b. one species is harmed and other is unaffected
c. one species is benefitted and other is unaffected
d. both the species are harmed.
- Lichens are the associations of:
a. bacteria and fungus
b. algae and bacterium
c. fungus and algae
d. fungus and virus
- Which of the following is a partial root parasite?
a. Sandal wood
- Which one of the following organisms reproduces sexually only once in its life time?
a. Banana plant